Monday, May 11, 2009

Top Six things I learned at IKEA




As it turns out, living in sin isn't quite as scandalous as I imagined. Instead of tawdry tales of concupiscence, life on the home front has proved to be about as exciting as watching C-SPAN on mute. Our struggles to collect quarters for laundry: dull. Our turf war with the native mice and cockroaches: pedestrian. Our nightly games of Boggle: titillating to us, but maybe not to dozen(s?) following my seldom-updated blog.
Tonight Angela and I went shopping for furniture at IKEA. In addition to realizing how little money I had, I also learned a great deal about myself and my relationship. Try to enjoy.


Top Six things I learned at IKEA:
6. The only book ever published in Sweden is Misselin by Carl Johan Brenner.
5. The toilets in the display rooms do not flush…oops.
4. A large bookcase will not fit in a Ford Taurus. (We should have brought the truck.)
3. My girlfriend wants to get cartoon-style furniture for when we have kids.
2. My girlfriend thinks we’re going to have kids.
1. I need to move out.

2 comments:

  1. I think you and Ang should have kids. They'd be able to do handsprings while simultaneously waiting tables until they die...my kinda people.

    And I officially declare our next list to be a top twelve. For me. Not for you.

    I have a few small dirty pieces of a sectional if you want it. Trust me, you don't want it. But if you do want it, it's yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You shouldn't have assembled the bookcase before you tried to jam it into the car

    ReplyDelete